Thursday, September 24, 2020

Pitch Blog

For this blog I will be explaining my final pitch for my movie. I honestly had the hardest time picking my final pitch. I feel like I had a hard time coming up with a storyline becasue I didn't have any inspiration. Like last year, it was easy to come up with storylines because I had students around to bounce ideas off of. Since I am home, I had to now bounce my ideas off my family, and they were no help at all. So I'm not sure I'm supposed to tell you all this, but I had to google some story ideas. I eventually saw something that gave me the storyline I chose, and ideas started pouring out of my brain. I came up with a path I wanted to go in for this storyline so that it can have a beginnning, middle, and end. Now for the moment you've all been waiting for, my pitch. My pitch is that,"Sometimes the unknown is unknown for a reason." So I was thinking it could be about a young girl, but not too young, maybe like 17-18 years old. She grew with a man in her life, that she knows as her father. But she found a photobook that look like it was supposed to be hidden and she opened it. It started off with her seeing a bunch of old pictures of herself and old pictures of her mother. She eventually gets to a page where she sees herself sittimg on a man's lap. On the back of the photo was a name and she never heard of. So she folded up the picture and put it in her pocket. So she tells her friend at school the next day because she didn't want her mom to know she was snooping. She continues to researc the name she saw in the back of the picture because she saw that she looks alot like him. She found out that the man she was researching is in jail and she decides to try and go visit him. On her visit the man tells her that he doesn't want to know her because of how her mom treated hime years ago. He continues to be very mean and abrupt to her and she starts crying and storms out of the building. Se eventually makes it back home crying and her mother is concerned. So she tells her mother everything that happen and she says how thankful she was to her mother for keeping her safe for all these years. Obviously I will go more in detail once I get deeper in the creation of this movie and hopefully it would be in the 5 minutes window for the requirement.

via GIPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

  Creative Critical Reflection     How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?   My movie is about  a teenage girl who lives i...