Friday, September 18, 2020

Group Blog

Knowing how important this project is, you might be wondering why I'm not working with anybody. Its because I want full creative control. Me saying that ptobably makes me sound like a control freak, and your right I am. That's only because I like everything to be done a certain way. I'm very particular about the vision I have with the filming process and its really hard to to demonstrate that vision to people thats not in my brain. Last year, for my very first project in the class I work with other students. I wouldn't say it was the hardest thing to do, but I wasn't the easiest. We barely knew each other, so i guess it was kind of hard to disagree with someone you don't know. Like if I was workin with my friends or someone I usually hang out with, I wouldn't feel bad for disagreeing with them. Also with the editng and filming process, it was hard because they thought they were better editors than me. I had this idea that I shared with my group and they were so agaainst it, not even knowing what the idea was. Eventually they let me show them what I was talking about and they loved my idea. Which further explains my point, with working by myself  I could keep all my good ideas to myself. Even all the paper work we had to complete that came along with the movie, it was hard to divide with all of us because some people may end up doing more because the rest of the group didn't complete their selected parts. On top of all of that, in order to do the filming for the second project, it had to be off campus, and the group members kept asking me to go to her house, which was nice, but I didn't really know her that well and her continuing to ask me made me more and more uncomfortable. As you can see I went through alot the first few moths of the class, but my group members also taught me that I actually enjoy working by myself, while some people may think its lonely, its peaceful.

via GIPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

  Creative Critical Reflection     How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?   My movie is about  a teenage girl who lives i...