Thursday, December 17, 2020

Researching Other Movies

 In the beginning of the year my teachers told me that taking this class would totally ruin the way I watch movies. And to be honest, I didn't believe them when they said it, but now I understand. Everytime I watch movies now I always analyze why the director used the angle he did or used the lighting he did. It always helps me see how the angles help display the theme to the audience. So I thought it would be helpful for me to watch a bunch of differernt movies and television to help me. I thought that watching the movies and tv shows could help me get a better understanding of how they use lighting, camera angles, sound and shots to make it the movie or tv show it is. So I started by watching some of my favorites to help me see exactly why I like those movies. I've watched the movie Home Alone 2, when the boy was lost from his parents at the airport. The scene that comes to mind is the one when they realized Kevin wasn't actually there. I liked how you saw it go all the way down the line with the pan shot and how it captured everyones different personalities. And the part when the mom realizes he's gone and she does that screaming scene, it was a great visualization of how she felt. The way the sound built up and how the camera was set up helps the sudience get a great feel of the emotion she actually feels. With all the classics I watched, I also watched some low budget films to compare. I'm not really sure of the names of the movies because there were so many. As I was watching the low budget movie I was noticing what the director was missing or what a better director would've done differently. I know that I'm not a professional director but I know as a "professional" movie watcher that I know what is missing or what is confusing to the audience. As I was watching the movie I saw some things that I wouldn't do or some things I would add to make my movie good. My whole goal for this movie is to make it look like a real movie. Even though I know the quality will not be as professional, I want the editing, lighting, sound, and camera angles to be well thought out and well protrayed.

via GIPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

  Creative Critical Reflection     How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?   My movie is about  a teenage girl who lives i...