Thursday, October 24, 2019

Filming Blog

     Today we did the filming segment of this project. Last class we prepared by doing our storyboard. Before we started filming we collected the equipment need to do the commercial. We got the camera, tripod, and also a pass. They did also gave us an sd card but we gave it back because I bought an sd card already. I bought one because I knew it would be easier to keep all the films together and not have to worry about the shots being deleted. After we got all of our equipment we went to outside to start filming. We started filming at the senior patio to get our first shot. I was the first actor we filmed. Then I realized I couldn’t be the only actor so I suggested that my teammate be the other actor for it to make more sense.
      I had to act like I was tired while doing my homework so that the other actor can act like they were giving me an energy drink. After the other actor gave me the energy drink I had to have more energy and my work faster. While we were filming I actually was really doing my homework. After we did one of the long shots I explained to them how we should have an over the shoulder view so when we edit we can go from shot to shot. I was also showing them where to go so they can get the most efficient angles in the shot. After we left that location we went to building 21 to film the next scene. That scene requires my other group member and me. The scene shows her coming in to school tired and me giving her the coffee. We did that shot a lot of times. But I do think we actually got a lot of good footage. I also came up with the idea where she turns around to show the drink. I also showed them the way to hold the camera for the scene for the right angles. 
     Then our teacher text us to let us know what time we should come back to the classroom. After we got that text we checked the time and we were 15 minutes ahead of schedule. So we decided to go back to the class room before everybody else so we won’t have a problem with the amount of computers or with the amount of sd card readers. If my group and I would have got there later we would’ve have to wait for computers and also sd card readers. With us going back to the class on time we got to sit at the computer without everybody everywhere in the class and watch all of our takes. When we watched all of our footage we realized we might have to redo the second scene over with a new angle or shot so you can see a closer view. Next class we probably won’t have much to do because we got so much done today and because we also managed our time very well and went with what we did on the storyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

  Creative Critical Reflection     How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?   My movie is about  a teenage girl who lives i...