Monday, October 28, 2019

“Editing” the Commercial

  Today was the day that we were supposed to finish our filming and to start editing. Last class my group and I did finish filming, so we didn’t have to do anymore filming. Last class we got to dump all our footage on the computer before everybody else, but when we got to class this morning this other group came up to us saying they have their footage on the same computer. Then they went on and on about how they either want us to get up or they want to move their footage over to another computer. They kept saying their footage was on the computer but my group and I did not see it on the desktop with ours. So they finally decided since they had a flash drive they would do their work on another computer. After they left us alone we finally got log into the computer where we dumped all our footage and we pulled up pinnacle studios so that we can import all our footage over. Then pinnacle studios asked for our log in. And I just thought it was asking for our 06# and password. But we tried it and it was wrong.
   Then my group member said I don’t think it’s our log in I think it’s the teacher’s. So we called the teacher over to help us and to get the log in. She put the log in in the computer and it just blanked out and she told us if it doesn’t come up call me back. So we waited and waited and waited for it to come up and it didn’t so we called the teacher again and we clicked it again and it just popped up with it logged in and everything. So I kind of felt back that we called them over there just for it to work but at least we got in. Now we’re in the pinnacle about to start filming but we forgot how to import the footage. My group member is trying to figure it out before we call them over again but then we see her passing us we were like we might as well ask the question. We asked her how to import the footage and she was explaining to us how the computer isn’t working, and how she wanted us to still blog, and how they weren’t going to fail us, and I was like say less. I really didn’t even feel like editing today because I was so tired so I was really happy when she said that. 
   Then everybody else in the class was asking the same thing about how and why the computers aren’t working. The teachers kept explaining how they still wanted us to blog and that they won’t fail us. Now that everybody was aware of the “difficulties”, we are all just blogging about literally the same thing. To be honest I really rather blog than edit because I just really not that creative but I guess that’s why I got the class to explore my creativeness. But I know we are eventually going to have to edit the commercial, but when that time comes I guess I’ll be a little bit more excited than I am now. It’s not even that I’m just don’t want to do it, it’s that I’m so tired. But next class I’m going to try to come with a little more energy for this class. The editing would probably not be my strongest suit so I’ll just try to learn with my group on how to be creative. I won’t say that I’m not creative because sometimes I do get a spark or something just comes to me once in a while. But I'm really not that in touch with brain for me to be as creative as everybody else. So this time I’m going to see what their inspiration comes from for me to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

  Creative Critical Reflection     How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?   My movie is about  a teenage girl who lives i...