Thursday, November 7, 2019

The Final Blog

    Today we are finally editing our commercial. Since the desktops crashed last class they brought in laptops with the same software so we won’t have to delay editing the commercial for too long. They were telling us that since it’s not many computers with the software on it, they were going to split the class. After they thought they gave all the people on the left side with computers, they came to us asking to check if it was pinnacle studios on a specific computer. So we were about to log in to check and then they just took the computer. They took the computer because some group on the left side didn’t have a computer. After that we waited for a little bit, and then they came back to ask us to check another computer and we actually got to keep the computer at that time. So now that we got the laptop we had to dump all over again. Then we get into the software and there’s this video already on the track and we’re not really sure where it came from or who’s it was. So we just deleted it and kept moving.
      We finally shifted all our footage onto the software and started editing. So we get all the footage in the track and we finally start. So first we watched all the footage we took that day. Then we deleted all of the extra and unnecessary footage we took on the camera. The first thing we filmed on the camera on filming day was a sound check of my teammate filming us in the classroom saying hello. After we deleted all the unnecessary footage we started cutting and moving stuff around. My teammate almost deleted all the good footage of angles that we wrote on the storyboard. So I stepped in and fixed everything. I cut the takes we did have so that I can blend it with another take of a different shot. 
       When I was doing this my group members were confused as to what I was doing. I couldn’t really explain what I was doing in a logical way. But they trusted me and let me do what I was doing and then I played it and they were shocked and they liked what I did. In that moment I felt accomplished because something that I did was right. At that moment I realized that im not actually a bad editor after all. It is kind of hard to be in a group trying to edit though because everybody wants to have the computer and everybody thinks they can edit a little bit better than you. But i learn to cope with it because I usually let them do what they want until its wrong or doesn’t make sense.The next day we continued to edit and one of my group mates wasn’t there. So I did the title page and my other teammate did the music for it. We didn’t do that bad without her being here. I literally had to say like an extra five minutes after the bell just to make sure it was turned in. And we also didn’t get to add any background music because we didn’t know how. We might not get the grade we expected but I hope it’s not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

  Creative Critical Reflection     How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?   My movie is about  a teenage girl who lives i...