Thursday, November 14, 2019

Convention Blog for Music Video


    Today is the first day of the planning of the music video. I'm so glad the commercial blog is over because it was so stressful. It felt like we have been working on it forever. This time around I am working by myself because I really wanted to do a project with my family. I also didn’t want to handle the stress of meeting up with my group at  a certain location. When we filmed the commercial, I realized that the storyboard really helped with filming because when we were filming we knew exactly what shots we wanted and it took us like 15 minutes to film the whole thing. This time I am by myself that means that I have to do the storyboard by myself. This also means I have to practice my drawing skills in order to make it efficient. I did kind of feel bad for leaving my group because I know helped them in a lot of ways and they have helped me in a lot of ways as well. This project is going to be tough but I think I can manage.
    The song I originally chose for this project was Move Like a Snake by Kayla Nicole with the cheer team, which i still might do. But I was also thinking about Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy with the cheer team as well. Then I was thinking that I should do a music video with my family with the song Lifestyle by Rich Gang, but then the teacher informed us that we couldn’t do a music video just like the original. She said we would have to tell our own story with their words. Then they also said it couldn’t be filmed on the school campus. Then I knew I couldn't do it with the cheerleaders. My final decision is Single Ladies by Beyoncé
  1. The costumes are going to be regular clothes because I’m going to make a story out of the song to make it my own. 
  2. The location will be in my house to go with story. 
  3. The actors are going to be my two little cousins and me as well. 
  4. Their won’t be any makeup involved because I want it to be real as possible.
  5. The props I will be using is a drink cup and a ring. 
The story for this music video is about a women who has been in a relationship for so long that she doesn’t think the man wants to be with. So she gives the man an ultimatum saying ”if you want to be with me propose to me or I’m leaving.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

  Creative Critical Reflection     How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?   My movie is about  a teenage girl who lives i...