Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Genre Choice For Film

After all that research I'm going with the drama genre. I feel like my pitch goes with the genre a lot more than the other genre themes. I chose this genre because I feel that the drama genre will give me more wiggle room to be creative in my storyline. I'm still not sure of my exact storyline yet. Even though thriller and crime are great genres, I don't think I have a storyline for either of them. Since I've already exploreed the thriller genre I wanted to pick something new. Even though I still don't have a set storyline yet, I feel that this will be fun. I'm still waiting to see what idea comes to me for this project. All the other projects were a little simplier because I had so much inspiration since I was in school. I feel like being in school gave me more a creative outlet because I was around other people. Unlike other courses in school, this class allows students to be creative and express themselves. This course has help me as well because I never knew how much I like directing until I took this class. I've never been so creative until I took this class. I like how we can take a genre and create a short film out of thin air. And it can be whatever you want it to be. Even though I don't know my exact direction yet, I have real high hopes for this project. We have had lots of practice in filming but we haven't did a whole movie. Especially not a 5 minute movie. I never thought I would even be interested in a media career. I remember in the beginnning of the class the instructors said that after this class it would ruin the way I watch movies, and it definetly has, but not in a bad way. It helped me to be more aware ofwhat I'm watching.

via GIPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

  Creative Critical Reflection     How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?   My movie is about  a teenage girl who lives i...