Thursday, January 7, 2021

Making the Postcard

 Today I worked on my marketing postcard for the short film. I honestly forgot we had to do this part of the marketing plan for the movie, so it kind of took me by surprise. So first I went to the examples that were provided to me so that I can see exactly what is supposed to be on the postcard. They were picture examples of previous students postcard to show a clear example of what they are expecting. There was also a a list of what should be included on the back and front of the postcard. When I went to the website to start making the postcard it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. First I thought I should pick a template so that I would have structure to go with. First I wanted to pick something that had something to do film or a movie theme, but when I searched it, I only found one. The problem with the one I found was that it wouldn't let me edit on it. And when it wasn't letting me edit on it I thought it was something wrong with the site because at that time I still didn't know how to work the website. So I realized that I couldn't use that template so I had to find another instead. I used one of their more popular postcards that was on the recommended page because I knew it wasn't another template related to film or cinema in general. Once I picked the template I wanted to choose I started to play around with the editing to see how I wanted to structure everything. So first I started with adding my movie title to the front and I ended up placing the other information on the back. I also wanted to add to another picture to the back of the postcard on the front but it would not let me. So I also tried to start on a blank page so that I can start with my own picture but that also means I couldn't have all the extra stuff on the back that would actually make it look like a postcard. I ended up using the other template I found that came with the structure I wanted, even though it wouldn't let me add my own picture. After that everything else was pretty easy to add. The rest of the information took like two seconds to add. And next on the list I had to add a qr code for the website and it was very easy to make. After I generated it all I had to do was paste it onto my postcard.

via GIPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

  Creative Critical Reflection     How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?   My movie is about  a teenage girl who lives i...