Saturday, December 12, 2020

Filming the Beginning of the Short Film

All week I have been planning to film today and of course everything went south. This morning when I woke up it was very gloomy and dark outside, which means I already knew my lighting was going to be off. I also couldn't start in the morning because one of my actors (my mom) went to church and I had to wait for her to get home. While I was waiting for her to get back, I figured I should get my sister ready to do her part for the movie. But when I went to talk to her she said she was sick and not feeling well. This whole week she wasn't sick, but right when its time to film she wants to be sick. She was literally being so stubborn. Thats why I made sure, before I wrote the whole movie about her, that she really wanted to do it. And of course now she doesn't want to do it anymore. She honestly has no choice now, because she initially commited to the job she has to now follow through with her agreement. But after all of the convincing, she finally wanted to cooperate and help me out. Today we filmed the very beginning of the short film, the bible study part. The original plan for the bible study part was to do it in a different room, but I realized that the room didn't consist of the appropriate lighting. Because my sister was so "sick" she was acting like she didn't want to do it. The whole time we had to conitnue to pursaude her to continue to film. But eventually we got the scene finsihed and we moved on to the next scene. The next scene we filmed was of my sister getting dressed to go out. It was kind of hard because it required her to change clothes, which took forever for us to convince her to do. Since we had to do the scene in her room we had to make sure it was presented properly, which took more time. In that same scene we had to have someone call her phone to get the plot of someone calling her. So I had to call my cousin to tell her what to say for the scene. I honestly didn't even watch I filmed today back. But I will tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

  Creative Critical Reflection     How do your products  represent  social groups or issues?   My movie is about  a teenage girl who lives i...